If it was not obvious by now, I am a big fan of flash fiction. I love the challenge of condensing a full story down to such a small work count. It’s great practice for me, because I often have trouble being concise in my writing.
But why should I have all the fun? I look at all of your blogs, dear followers, and I see that you guys also love a good flash fiction.
So I thought I would give you a reason to make more!
There are many places that offer flash fiction challenges (my personal favorite is Chuck Wendig’s), but I have one thing that they don’t.
A prize for winning.
So, enough build-up let me tell you the nitty-gritty details.
You are challenged to write a unique piece of flash fiction, and send it to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org before the date 01/01/15 (American Calender) at 12:30 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- Flash fiction is defined here as any work of prose that is within 1500 words or less. Any submissions that exceed this number are not eligible.
- It can be any genre or sub-genre excluding the following: Erotica, Splatterpunk, and Neo-Noir
- Works of poetry will also be accepted, but will still be judged by the same merits.
- Only one submission per person, excluding co-written pieces.
- Only submissions in English will be accepted.
- Submissions sent after the end-date will not be accepted.
- The following data must be included with the submission: Word count, name, and your personal blog’s/website’s address (if applicable)
- Submissions must be in Arial font.
- Only one person may win, however second and third place winners will also be announced.
- Winners will be announced on 1/3/15
All works will be judged on the following:
- Originality and creativity
- Flow and pacing.
- The beginning and ending sentences.
The one who wins will receive the following prizes:
- There work will be presented on the site, along with a link to the winner’s blog/website.
- Social media shout-outs (for your blog) across the following platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and StumbleUpon.
- One free review of anything you want, that will go up on the site. This can include books (even ones you have written), movies, episodes of shows, etc. Alternatively you can also request a guest post on your site. You cannot, however, request a review of anything pornographic or illegal.
Runners up will also be posted to the site, as a prelude to the winner.
Interested? Well get on it! I look forward to seeing what art you can create!
Did you like the article? Dislike? Tell me about it in the comments. I would love to hear your opinions. If interested in specific articles, or want to write as a guest; you can message me at email@example.com. Thanks for reading!