It was so much fun the first time, let’s do it again!
But this time around, I will be limiting myself to only Japanese cartoons; also known as anime.
Now, the nature of this list is also a bit different, because, unlike 90’s cartoons, I have not seen every show ever made. So I am working from a much smaller pool of content, and I am sure that some of the more hardcore Otakus out there will be a bit cross with me by the end of this. Continue reading
The life of a writer is complex; to survive it, you need just the right mind for the job. Able to deal with all sorts of things that other jobs/hobbies/purposes of existence, simply do not need to. There is a reason why people think writers are crazy. Just a sampling of what we deal with includes:
- Staring at a screen for an obscene amount of time, waiting for a single sentence to sound proper.
- Trying to ignore characters voices when we are not actively writing about them.
- Hand cramps, the likes of which the porn industry wishes it could invoke.
- Crippling fear of failure. (“Oh god I have to work at McDonalds now”)
- Crippling fear of success. (Success means live-readings, which by extension, means crowds)
- The villains in your nightmares suddenly becoming people you invented. On purpose!
- Getting bored of that one music playlists that you can listen to while writing.
- The looming knowledge that computers might become advanced enough to make the written word obsolete.
With a title like that, what could possibly go wrong?
So yeah making a list of good cartoons from the 90’s is really hard. Like stupidly hard, there was more than you could possibly shake a stick at.
Then, just to make it even harder, I decided to add cartoons from this decade as well.
It really is a cluster f*** honestly.
Yet to explain this list I have to go over a conversation that I had. Though as to not spoil anything on the list, I will refer to the cartoon as “Cartoon X” .
The conversation went as such*…. Continue reading