So, I got the Liebster Award, the chain-letter of the blog-o-sphere. I could not be happier…
In all seriousness though, thank you Daniel Sees Anime for nominating me!
And, in return, it is time for me to hold up my side of the bargain. Being nominated is not just a pleasant surprise, it is also a responsibility, with many rules, which I will now tell you:
Official Rules of the Liebster Award:
If you have been nominated for the Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information.)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post. You can copy and paste from here.
- Once you have written and published the rules, inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have even heard of it.)
So, per the rules, I’ll start by answering all the questions Mr. Daniel saw fit to ask me.
Question #1: What are your ambitions for your blog?
I want to continue to grow it, and get to the point where I can guest post for other bloggers. I also want to have a large enough audience that I can get people involved in/with writing projects I want to do. It would also be cool to get to a point where I can get paid, but I don’t see that happening soon.
Question #2: If you enjoy anime, what genre do you like? If not, what genre of movies or TV shows do you like?
I do enjoy anime! I made a list about it actually (Shameless Plug: Anime Top 6 List). I don’t really have a favorite genre though. The anime I tend to like aren’t usually similar in that regard. I think the best way to describe what I watch would be “psychological” anime: series that have a heavier focus on conflicts of morality and emotions, usually in regards to darker subject matters.
I also generally like anything created by Gen Urobuchi .
Question #3: Do you value friendship more or do you value your love relationship?
I’m going to assume that you mean romantic relationships, and not my relationship with my family, because they both can fall under “love relationship”.
In regards to my romantic relationships, they don’t tend to last. So, I would have to go with friends.
Question #4: Why did you start the blog?
I originally started my blog a few years back on Blogger.com as a way for me to review movies. Back then I really wasn’t that committed to the whole blogging thing though, so I took a long hiatus that ended when I came over to WordPress.com. I started blogging again for the same reason, but I decided to expand it from just movies to every type of media.
Question #5: What do you value more, centralized stuff that attract millions of views to your blog or topics that engage the reader despite not attracting much viewers for your blog?
I really just write about whatever the hell I want to. I like my stats going up, but I’m not going to pander to get it.
Question #6: Are you a cat person or a dog person?
I’m actually allergic to both cats and dogs (and also horses, for some strange reason.) But if I wasn’t, I prefer cats. I’d like my pet to be chill. I think having a dog would be exhausting.
Question #7: Have you fell in love before?
I don’t know if I would call it love, but I have certainly had some strong crushes. Once maybe, but I didn’t do anything about it. I still regret that.
Question #8: Given the chance, would you live in another country for the rest of your life or stay? If yes, what country and why? If not, why not?
Yes! Britain! I love the culture, and the food, and they have sooo much better television shows than America. Believe it or not, I actually adore the weather as well (I like the rain.)
Also, I’m straight, but I still love male British accents.
Question #9: What do you think of the otaku community in general?
I haven’t really given it that much thought, but I do think that it can be a bit too male-centric and elitist at times. I haven’t really been involved in any major gatherings or conventions though, so I’m not the best person to ask.
Question #10: Do you prefer ice cream or chocolate or pudding?
Ice cream all the way! Preferably strawberry or cookie dough.
Question #11: What is your greatest weakness? (Kryptonite not accepted as an answer.)
I can be a little laid-back at times.
Alright, now I present:
Eleven Random Facts about Brandon Scott!
- People have a lot of trouble figuring out how old I am when they meet me. I’ve been called everything from 16 to 30.
- I despise tuna fish with a burning passion. The food I mean.
- I’ve never seen Jurassic Park.
- I can recite the entire “Courage, The Cowardly Dog” theme-song from memory.
- For years, my favorite book was “Peeps“ by Scott Westerfeld.
- I can’t ride a bike.
- I once dislocated a tooth by trying to prove I could fit my entire fist in my mouth.
- I’ve been involved in three different high school plays as tech crew.
- I once had a conversation about relativity with a kid during a Martin Luther King Day march.
- I still genuinely like the song “Let it Go” from Frozen, even with all the over-play.
- I still own two of those Yu-Gi-Oh duel discs toys from when I was a kid.
Alright, for the next batch of awards, I nominate the following blogs!
And The Nominees Are….
- A Vase Of Wildflowers
- Rockstar Dinosaur Pirate Princess
- Connie’s Random Thoughts
- The Tempest And The Teapot
- Moments In Time
And for those nominees I present the following 11 questions:
- If you can remember, what was the first blog that you really got into?
- If anything, what do you write besides blog articles?
- If you could tell yourself one year ago a single sentence, what would it be?
- What is your favorite genre to read/watch?
- Have you ever been paid for anything you’ve written?
- Which weather would you prefer, too hot, or too cold?
- What is your favorite poem?
- If you were only remembered for one quote, what would you want it to be?
- Where do you write your blog articles? Do you write in an office? A recliner? At a coffee shop? Somewhere else?
- What is your favorite blog article you’ve written?
- How do you feel about the Oxford Comma?
Alright, that’s the game. You choose if you want to play! I look forward to your answers!
Did you like the article? Dislike? Tell me about it in the comments. I would love to hear your opinions! If interested in specific articles, or want to write as a guest, you can message me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to help keep this blog going, consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/coolerbs. Thanks for reading!