A list to remember, a list to remind. A list for those of us already here. And those still behind.
And I swear:
- To help those who have just begun. To do what I can to create new writers.
- To encourage potentials to write, and write strong. To find a new kind of joy in creation.
- To criticize only to help, and never to tear others down with my words.
- To respect the power my words have. And to use them to help this world, even if it’s by pointing out its flaws.
- To call myself a writer. To own that title.
- To never belittle what I gave up, what I fought for to become an artist.
- To constantly seek improvement in my craft, and to seek new horizons.
- To understand that by my very nature I am a dreamer and a storyteller.
- To not lie to myself. To take the time I need to get writing done.
- To find the time to write, even with the distractions.
- To consume art. Not just to learn, but to share in the creations of others.
- To chase some speck of immortality, however small and out of reach.
Say it aloud, and say it with force.
Special thanks to: Bob Gerkin, Collin Pearman, Dylan Alexander, Jerry Banfield, Michael The Comic Nerd, Pulsatilla Pratensis, SuperGoof Media, and Zeony.
Did you like the article? Dislike? Tell me about it in the comments. I would love to hear your opinions! If interested in specific articles, or want to write as a guest, you can message me at email@example.com. If you want to help keep this blog going, consider becoming my patron at https://www.patreon.com/coolerbs. Thanks for reading!
Reblogged this on The diaries of the happy loner and commented:
Brandon’s code of writing is magnificent. I wanted to share it here in my blog.